Join your peers and the wider international anaesthesia community at the AAGBI's flagship event.
Special AAGBI member-only discounts apply.
- Essential to your CPD - A great way to keep up to date with your peers and the wider anaesthetic profession, away from the busy hospital environment.
- High-profile keynote speakers including Prof. Paul Myles, Melbourne; Andy McCann, Performance Coach and Alistair Burns, NHS Dementia Tsar.
- Educational sessions covering general anaesthetic topics and controversies, ethics, regional anaesthesia, training, the environment, critical care, paediatric anaesthesia and more.
- Inspire your learning - Get invaluable insights on the issues affecting 21st century healthcare and apply your learning back in the workplace.
- Personal Development - Focus on your personal development by attending sessions on dynamic resilience and free mentoring sessions.
About the Annual Congress
The AAGBI’s Annual Congress is one of the leading anaesthetic meetings in the UK, with an attendance of around 800-1000 national and international delegates.
It features informative educational sessions, high-profile speakers and an extensive trade exhibition with over 40 leading anaesthetics companies. The Annual Congress is aimed all levels of anaesthetists from trainees to consultants and is a European CPD accredited meeting.
European & USA Accreditation
The 'Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland' (or) 'Annual Congress 2016' is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide CME for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS), www.uems.net.
'Annual Congress 2016' is designated for a maximum of 15 hours of European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme.
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.