Annual Congress, 27-29 September 2017
Join your peers and the wider international anaesthesia community at the AAGBI's flagship event. AAGBI member-only discounts apply.
Abstract submissions are now open
Raise your profile, showcase your knowledge and be published in an online supplement of the journal Anaesthesia by submitting your abstracts before the deadline of Monday 8 May 2017. There are three ways you can take part:
- Abstract submission (original research, case repors, surveys, audit and quality improvement)
- AAGBI patient safety prize (showcase how you and your team have improved safety in anaesthesia)
- SAS audit poster prize (open to all SAS anaesthetists)
The deadline to submit your abstract is 23:59 Monday 8 May 2017. For more information, please click on the Abstract submission button or click here.
About the Annual Congress
The AAGBI’s Annual Congress is one of the leading anaesthetic meetings in the UK, with an attendance of around 800-1000 national and international delegates.
It features informative educational sessions, high-profile speakers and an extensive trade exhibition with over 40 leading anaesthetics companies. The Annual Congress is aimed all levels of anaesthetists from trainees to consultants and is a European CPD accredited meeting.
- Three streams of content, essential for your revalidation.
- Major sessions covering new guidelines and general anaesthestic topics, training, challenging surgery, post/pre-operative care, resuscitation, trauma, challenging patients, controversies in anaesthesia, obstetrics and more.
- Practical workshops including Difficult Airways, Obstetric Cased Based Discussion, USSPINE, Statistics and more.
- Dr Siu-Wai Choi, Hong Kong: Don’t believe what you read in the papers
- Sir Harry Burns (Previous CMO Scotland), Prof Global Health Strathclyde University: The science of wellness: it’s more complicated than the absence of illness
- Ms Anna Rowland, GMC: Speaking up and blowing the whistle
- Get noticed by your peers and the wider profession by taking part in the AAGBI abstract poster, trainee poster and Environmental Prize presentations.
- Special trainee networking lunch.
Special savings for AAGBI members